Multi Stage Thermoelectric Module Semiconductor Cooling Chip gold
|Delta T||91 degree C|
|Hot side||gold finish|
The choice of a cooling technology will depend heavily on the
unique requirements of any given application, however,
thermoelectric (TE) coolers offer several distinct advantages over
• TE coolers have no moving parts and, therefore, need
substantially less maintenance.
• Life-testing has shown the capability of TE devices to exceed
100,000 hours of steady state operation.
Introduction To Thermoelectrics 3
• TE coolers contain no chlorofluorocarbons or other materials
which may require periodic replenishment.
• Temperature control to within fractions of a degree can be
maintained using TE devices and the appropriate support circuitry.
• TE coolers function in environments that are too severe, too
sensitive, or too small for conventional refrigeration.
• TE coolers are not position-dependent.
• The direction of heat pumping in a TE system is fully reversible.
Changing the polarity of the DC power supply causes heat to be
pumped in the opposite direction—a cooler can then become a heater!